What is the relationship between philosophy, metaparadigm and theory?
6 8 5 ` bjbj s s j j j j j j j c h 8 j 8 j j M j j j j e l V c 0 l j 0 L h 8 8 B B j j j j j j What is the relationship between philosophy , metaparadigm and theory The systematic enrichment of knowledge for application in actual practice is the foundation of the nursing profession . In translating knowledge into professional practice , there are a number of associated or linking elements , which are philosophy , metaparadigm and theory A basis of knowledge in nursing
is theory . Theories are ideas or suppositions that provide explanations of a particular phenomenon . These could be useful in understanding and finding solutions to problems . Theories could also explain the links between concepts to create an understanding of these concepts and their implications . These also identify the ways of conceptualizing the central focus of disciplines (Alligood Tomey , 2006 ) An example is Watson s human care theory , which explains human care as the moral ideal of delivering nursing intervention through shared experiences with people (Alligood Tomey , 2006 . This theory explains care in the context of nursing practice . Concepts comprise this theory . The human care theory connects the concepts of care , moral position , and subjective human experiences . This theory also point to the focus of the nursing profession , which is the provision of care in a morally ideal manner through specific interventions that necessitates human interaction While theory is a source of knowledge...
More Essays on human, care, action, philosophy, practice
- Is nursing a science?
- Biomedical Ethics - Case Study - A Research Ethics Board Debate - including both analysis and resolution while identifying relevant moral issues, concepts, and theoretical perspectives...will provide the actual case study if you accept this assignment alo
- Positive Behavior Support
- AIS and ethics
- What are the commonalities between models, theories, and conceptual frameworks?
- How does MRM theory(Modeling and Role-Modeling paradigm modify the nursing process from the usual assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation format?
- Research Proposal
- Reflective Teaching
- Markscheme May 2010 Business and Management Essay
- Fredric Jones
Customers Who Downloaded This Coursework Also Viewed
- What is a leader?
- Do you think that culture or gender has anything to do with this leadership differences? This time I am not referring to race, but gender. Are women more nurturing because of the `motherly instincts`.
- Theory of Knowledge (Philosophy)
- Leadership Models &Theories
- Transformational and Transactional Leadership