The importance of understanding cultural, ethnic and gender differences by managers and professional in a business setting.
For instance a business organization may hire either male or female professionals - depending on business interests and preference - suitable for the position of handling sensitive internal corporate information . A specific combination of male and female professional employees in a particular office department may also be desired However , an understanding of gender differences not only in terms of gender-related capabilities and limitations as far as a business organization is concerned can lead to gender bias . A business supervisor may be tempted to layoff some of his male or female employees because
However , an understanding of gender differences not only in terms of gender-related capabilities and limitations as far as a business organization is concerned can lead to gender bias . A business supervisor may be tempted to layoff some of his male or female employees because
of the belief in certain gender-related workplace capacities . The same may be true for an understanding of cultural and ethnic differences Managers , for example , may find themselves hesitant to hire applicants belonging to a certain culture or having a certain ethnicity largely due to the knowledge of the negative aspects of their culture or ethnicity Nevertheless , an understanding of these differences can be of great use for both managers and professionals in the business setting . For the most part , managers will be able to pinpoint the cultural weaknesses of their employees and help them overcome these weak points through proper business training . Professionals may also be able to identify any of their gender-related weaknesses and improve on them while pinpointing their strengths and further enhancing them in to increase their work performance . To be sure , it is not always the case that the understanding of cultural , ethnic and gender differences lead to sound and ethical business decisions . Yet the same understanding can heighten the efficiency and productivity of employees while allowing managers to minimize or prevent internal business conflicts at the same time
The greater task , therefore , is not only to understand the differences among employees in terms of culture , ethnicity and gender but also to appreciate their differences . It...
More Reports on women, business, differences, bias, gender
- Women, Gender, Society, Identity
- Gender Inequalities in the Workplace for Women in Law Enforcement
- racism and sexism
- What is the difference between race and ethnicity? What does it mean to say that race and ethnicity are socially constructed? What is a minority? Support the claim that African Americans and Asian Americans are both minorities in the United States using
- Inequalities of Gender
- Sociology- Gender Roles and how they affect US social and individual life
- Evaluate the idea that gender and sexuality are socially constructed
- Discrimination in the workplace based on gender or ethnicity
- Gender and Race/Ethnicity in Multiculturalism
- Answer the question: Discuss how race and gendar create a unique life experience for women of color
Customers Who Downloaded This Term Paper Also Viewed
- Cultural difference and cultural awareness in the workplace: the importance of cultural awareness of managers.
- This unit’s assignment deals with the concept of ethnocentrism—the judging of other cultures as being inferior because they are different
- Racial Profiling
- Identifying Ethical Differences in Cultures
- Racial Profiling
Related searches on Business Ethics, Islamic, race,
- race essays
- sample reports on affect
- essays on Islamic
- Business Setting analysis
- merits of business
- disadvantages of business
- advantages and disadvantages of Islamic
- Islamic summary
- cause and effect of orientation.
- business fallacies
- orientation. test
- advantages of orientation.
- Sensitive Decisions introduction