The importance of understanding cultural, ethnic and gender differences by managers and professional in a business setting.
For instance a business organization may hire either male or female professionals - depending on business interests and preference - suitable for the position of handling sensitive internal corporate information . A specific combination of male and female professional employees in a particular office department may also be desired However , an understanding of gender differences not only in terms of gender-related capabilities and limitations as far as a business organization is concerned can lead to gender bias . A business supervisor may be tempted to layoff some of his male or female employees because
However , an understanding of gender differences not only in terms of gender-related capabilities and limitations as far as a business organization is concerned can lead to gender bias . A business supervisor may be tempted to layoff some of his male or female employees because
of the belief in certain gender-related workplace capacities . The same may be true for an understanding of cultural and ethnic differences Managers , for example , may find themselves hesitant to hire applicants belonging to a certain culture or having a certain ethnicity largely due to the knowledge of the negative aspects of their culture or ethnicity Nevertheless , an understanding of these differences can be of great use for both managers and professionals in the business setting . For the most part , managers will be able to pinpoint the cultural weaknesses of their employees and help them overcome these weak points through proper business training . Professionals may also be able to identify any of their gender-related weaknesses and improve on them while pinpointing their strengths and further enhancing them in to increase their work performance . To be sure , it is not always the case that the understanding of cultural , ethnic and gender differences lead to sound and ethical business decisions . Yet the same understanding can heighten the efficiency and productivity of employees while allowing managers to minimize or prevent internal business conflicts at the same time
The greater task , therefore , is not only to understand the differences among employees in terms of culture , ethnicity and gender but also to appreciate their differences . It...
More Papers on women, business, differences, bias, gender
- race and gender
- Dilemmas Women Face in the Workplace
- women gender studies
- Gender and International Migration: Does Gender Matter? Discuss in the context of changing patterns of global migration and our need to more fully understand the impact of migration of men and women on countries of origin and destination.
- The Courage to Heal - Third Edition - Revised and Expanded: A Guide for Women Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse by Ellen Bass and Laura Davis,
- Access the impact of gender on middle-class women`s roles at the turn of the 20th century and today?
- Discuss how the race/ethnicity and gender impact our day-to-day assumptions about others. Incorporate how ethnocentrism interfers with understanding differences between people of different cultures, races and/or ethnicities, and gender.
- Gender Discrimination
- Women, Gender, Society, Identity
Customers Who Downloaded This Term Paper Also Viewed
- Cultural difference and cultural awareness in the workplace: the importance of cultural awareness of managers.
- This unit’s assignment deals with the concept of ethnocentrism—the judging of other cultures as being inferior because they are different
- Racial Profiling
- Identifying Ethical Differences in Cultures
- Racial Profiling
Related searches on Business Ethics, Islamic, race,
- women studies
- sample reports on Sensitive Decisions
- courseworks on orientation.
- business analysis
- merits of Ethically Sensitive Decisions
- disadvantages of Sensitive Decisions
- advantages and disadvantages of Sensitive Decisions
- bias summary
- cause and effect of Ethically Sensitive Decisions
- affect fallacies
- Business Setting test
- advantages of business
- women introduction