What factors create a successful social movement?
Other factors that have led to success of social movements is the use of media for dissemination of information to the public . The media is a critical tool in passing of information and for these to be effective the media ethics have to be followed and adhered to . This leads to participatory interaction with the target group and effective communication takes place because the target receivers can get the information that they are targeted for and can in turn respond Society and environment The societal state surrounding a social movement greatly influences
Society and environment
The societal state surrounding a social movement greatly influences
the success or downfall of a social movement . With the support from the state , popular attitudes could be shifted in favor of the social movement . Many social movements have failed because of the sole reason of being set up in an unsuitable societal state . The success of a social movement is ensured when the society supports the ideologies of the social movement and adapts to the changes being advocated for by this movement . For instance the Nazis social movement under the leadership of Hitler gained its success because the societal state supported the movements and was ready to adopt it [Burns , Rob . Van Der Will , Wilfred 34 , 47] . Mahatma Gandhi peaceful social movement to gain independence for India succeeded because he had the support of the society at that time [Melucci , A . 76] . Both political leaders and subjects of India supported Gandhi 's movement for a new India . On the other hand the success of a social movement may not necessarily depend of the society it is set in . For instance the social movements of Hamas and Taliban in Iraq have succeeded despite divided support from the subjects of the country as they try to fight and outdo each other to power . The focus and vision of leaders...
More Essays on social, successful, movement, Martin Luther King, Martin Luther
- What factors create a successful social movement?
- History of Civil Rights Movement
- Civil rights movement
- social activism/social change
- Social Movement
- Martin Luther King
- thesis statement on birmingham Jail
- emotional intelligence
- Start your own social movement. Imagine an issue that you would like to see changed and explore it in terms of relative deprivation, resource mobilization, and false consciousness.
Related searches on Martin Luther, Martin Luther King, Constructing Martin Luther King
- Constructing Martin Luther King courseworks
- sample studies on Constructing Martin Luther King
- papers on Martin Luther King
- social analysis
- merits of Martin Luther King
- disadvantages of Constructing Martin Luther King
- advantages and disadvantages of Martin Luther King
- Constructing Martin Luther King summary
- cause and effect of successful
- movement fallacies
- Martin Luther test
- advantages of successful
- Martin Luther King introduction