compare and contrast any two managment theories
COMPARISON AND CONTRAST OF SCIENTIFIC MANAGEMENT THROEY AND HUMAN RELATION MANAGEMENT THEORY BY DEREK EIKOST Course name : MGMT 302 Fundamentals of Management (2007 INTRODUCTION Theories are abstractions from the real world to give and show the existing relationship between or among a variables or a given phenomenon . Thus , they are like map used in showing the direction of the known from the unknown . Hence , varieties of theories are abstracted from the real world situation to give explanation to a particular need in a given social setting The two
Course name : MGMT 302 Fundamentals of Management (2007
Theories are abstractions from the real world to give and show the existing relationship between or among a variables or a given phenomenon . Thus , they are like map used in showing the direction of the known from the unknown . Hence , varieties of theories are abstracted from the real world situation to give explanation to a particular need in a given social setting
theories to be compared and contrasted are the scientific school of thought theory on management by Frederick Taylor and the Human relation school theory of Elton Mayo and his associates . Both theories tried to proffer the best way to ensure that productivity is carried out in the work place
SCIENTIFIC MANAGEMENT THEORY
In the weak of the Industrial revolution era , where steam engine and the creation of factories in the production of textiles and other product in the 18th century , the need to bring about increase in the effective rate of output and productivity led to the introduction of the Scientific management theory by Frederick W . Taylor (1856-1915 . The scientific management theory tend to see the workers of an organization like robotic machines that can be motivated only through the carrot and stick approach , i .e , they should be closely monitored and incentives given to them as form of motivation to make them produce more . This theory submits that the work process should be broken down to its easiest smallest units . And the best approach in carrying out these identified units of tasks should be proffered and related to the workers by their supervisors . The workers are to be monitored and timed through the stopwatches and shorter days and breaks given as a way of motivation Thus , the piece rate wage is envisaged by the scientific theory , where the workers earn according to its output so as to avoid soldiering where time is wasted as pretence in workers . According to Wertheim (2005 , Taylor attempted to make a science for each element of work and restrict behavioural alternatives facing worker . Taylor looked at interaction of human characteristics , social environment , task and physical environment , capacity , speed , durability , and cost . The overall goal was to remove human variability
HUMAN RELATION MOVEMENT
The Hawthorne experiment came as a criticism to the Scientific school It have it that there are other factors that actually motivates workers in an organisation other than the economical and environmental condition of workplace . despite the economic process brought about in part by scientific management , critics were calling attention to the seamy `side of progress , which include severe labour / management conflict , apathy boredom , and wasted human resources (Wertheim , 2005
Among its findings , the Human relations school find out that workers operate as a team and there exist a social interaction among them , that is , an informal social interaction , other than the everyday formal working process . This informal connectivity among the workers is a...
More Reports on human, management, theories, scientific, contrast
- Scientific Management and Human Relations
- Managment theories
- Compare and contrast
- Change Theory or compare and contrast two change theories
- Compare and contrast the main micro and macroeconomic theories of foreign direct investment. Referring to your home country(India) appraise which of these theories most accurately explains the pattern of foreign direct investment in recent years.
- Discuss the influence of scientific management and social personal concepts upon modern management theory and practice, taking account of the historical and environmental factors that had a major effect on the evolution of present day management thinking.
- Public Sector: strategic Human Resources Management
- need/want compare contrast essay
- Freud, Adler and Jung
- scientific management is no longer the mainstream model of human resource management.
Customers Who Downloaded This Term Paper Also Viewed
- Scientific Management and Human Relations
- Evolution of Management principles from classical school to the present
- Briefly describe the four basic management strategies used by firms to compete internationally. Choose two of these strategies to compare and contrast, outlining the advantages and disadvantages of each approach. Include some examples of the specific us
- theories of management in relation to my style of management.
- Management Theory and Practice
Related searches on Strategic Human Resource Management, Frederick Taylor, Elton Mayo
- human courseworks
- sample courseworks on Strategic Human Resource Management
- reports on scientific
- theories analysis
- merits of Frederick Taylor
- disadvantages of theories
- advantages and disadvantages of human
- human summary
- cause and effect of contrast
- contrast fallacies
- human test
- advantages of Strategic Human Resource Management
- theories introduction