Someone who you admire
So why do I do this This was the question Mandy asked herself today . Well , actually , it is a question that Mandy asks herself pretty much everyday and has been asking herself everyday for the last twenty-years . Sure , there will be those people who will look at the question on a baseline level and think she is referring to the nursing field . After all , doesn 't everyone question the reason why they invest a great deal of time in a profession ? Burnout affects all members of every profession and there is no
This was the question Mandy asked herself today . Well , actually , it is a question that Mandy asks herself pretty much everyday and has been asking herself everyday for the last twenty-years . Sure , there will be those people who will look at the question on a baseline level and think she is referring to the nursing field . After all , doesn 't everyone question the reason why they invest a great deal of time in a profession ? Burnout affects all members of every profession and there is no
reason why nursing should be any different
Traffic was a nightmare and getting stuck in it was a disaster . Of course , this is a common occurrence in her life these days so why should today be any different ? Ok , perhaps that is an overly cynical approach or attitude . Then again , life does make the world a cynical place does it not
Just give me a second ' Mandy says . Of course , she may need more than just a second to get herself in . The whole second ' thing is merely an attempt at being self-delusional . It is a tactic that never works , but she loves to try it . Maybe if she keeps trying it , it will eventually work
Running late today , Ms . Mandy ' asks the security guard as Mandy fumbles for her identification badge . Yes , they know who she is , but it is proper protocol and procedure to display a badge and Mandy is , after all , one of the most compliant and loyal employees that the hospital has . She wouldn 't have it any different way
Yeah ' Mandy says to the guard as she fumbles in her purse without looking at him or making any direct eye contact . Why would she make direct eye contact with him ? She has always found him to be an annoying insufferable jerk that has never cuts anyone any slack . It was as if his rent-a-cop badge provided him with some absolute moral authority to push people around . Oh well , the world is full of such people and Mandy is well aware of this
She doesn 't even look at him as she flashes her badge and sprints towards the elevator . She doesn 't make it in time and the elevator doors close . Should I take the stairs ' she wonders to herself . Nah , I am late already ' she ponders as she rests up against the wall staring at the lights that shine on the numbers of the floors while traveling in an upward direction . In a few seconds , the number will pause on a specific floor as if time has momentarily halted . Then , it will begin its descent down into the maelstrom of the ground floor . To a great degree , the elevator is like life : symbolic in the sense that it is a perpetual loop of the same thing over and over
Maybe I should have taken the stairs ' she thinks to herself
The elevator finally makes it slow (as in time standing still...
More Essays on why, mandy, admire, Hello Mandy
- MODERNIZING OF AN ANCIENT TALE ASSIGNMENT
- Why September 11th attacks occurred
- Discover who Tiresias is (his story) and what role he plays in Antigone and in Oedipus the King? Could either of these plays work if this character was omitted? Why or why not? (Consider when this character appears in the play and what his appearance c
- Why people travel to far away places
- Why the driving age should be raised to 18
- Report work plan on why teenagers should not smoke
- how i intend to make my contribution and why?
- If you could get rid of one product, what would it be and why?
- Describe the Five Factor Model (FFM) of personality. Why is leadership success positively correlated with the FFM personality dimensions of surgency, dependability, agreeableness, and adjsutment? Why do some leaders fail?
- why i decided to return to school