Why I choose the field of Diagnostic Radiography and why at Malcolm X College
Why I choose the field of Diagnostic Radiography and why at Malcolm X College My name is Helen Thompson . I developed a keen fascination and interest in the skeletal structure of the human body in high school . I knew that I should have pursued a degree in radiology when I entered college but certain events conspired to prevent me from pursuing that dream . I wanted to take up Radiology even then because of my intense interest in discovering how the interconnected skeletal and muscular structure is defined in a living human specimen
My name is Helen Thompson . I developed a keen fascination and interest in the skeletal structure of the human body in high school . I knew that I should have pursued a degree in radiology when I entered college but certain events conspired to prevent me from pursuing that dream . I wanted to take up Radiology even then because of my intense interest in discovering how the interconnected skeletal and muscular structure is defined in a living human specimen
. I knew that the whole system could be captured on film if I were a radiologist . But , like I said , I ended up graduating with a degree in Pharmacy instead . A degree that although also a part of the Health Care Sciences , was not really the fulfillment of my lifelong ambition
For the past 10 years , I have been working as a Certified Senior Pharmacy Technician at Walgreen 's Pharmacy . My current job has given me the ability and experience that allows me to work with all social classes and races . My experience working as a Pharmacist has also given additional knowledge and understanding of various medical terms as used by doctors that I know will come in handy in my Radiology class lectures , discussions , exams , and assignments . It has given me the confidence to be able to hold my own in a medical based conversation and educated me as to the limitations of the effectiveness of medications and its effect on the human body
Recently , I found myself asking myself "What if I became a Radiologist " and decided that I cannot live my life with that unanswered question . This is why I chose to chase after my almost forgotten dream . I convinced myself that it isn 't too late to see my dream come true . After all , I already have the pre-requisite courses tucked under my belt . My foundation in the subjects of Bio 121 , Bio 226 Health Science 102 , which are all Radiology related courses are where I excelled at in college . I received an A in Bio 121 because of the excellent work I turned in for my lessons in Replication of DNA Chromosome Structure , Meiosis I and II . I also took Bio 226 , a class where I had to work with cadavers . While I was taking this class , my thoughts revisited my fascination with seeing the human skeletal system in its pristine , untouched framework . I remembered my dream of becoming a radiologist but decided it was not yet the right time for me to pursue that avenue . I took this foundation a step further . I am currently attending classes in Bio 227 , another Radiology related class where the lessons concentrate on the Reproductive and cardiovascular system
The reason I chose to seek admission at Malcolm X College is because just like its heroic namesake , I believe it will give me a great opportunity to learn about my roots and help me make my dreams...
More Papers on college, why, malcolm, radiology, Diagnostic Radiography
- Why do you feel that Seattle University is a good match with your educational goals
- why you choose Emory as a possible college chice.
- 5. Should an introduction to art, music, and drama be a part of every college student`s education? Explain why or why not.
- Appeal letter, I am going to apply to UC Davis this coming Winter 2010 Question, `If you are attempting to be admitted winter 2010, you send an appeal letter explaining why it is important for you to be admitted winter quarter instead of waiting until fa
- Why Earning a College Degree is important.
- My best memory
- Why college sports should be eliminated from college.
- Write a letter to your first-year roommate at Babson. Tell him or her what it will be like to live with you, why you choose Babson, and what you are looking forward to the most in college
Related searches on Radiology Technicians, Health Care Sciences, Diagnostic Radiography
- Radiology Technicians courseworks
- sample reports on college
- reports on Diagnostic Radiography
- Diagnostic Radiography analysis
- merits of radiology
- disadvantages of malcolm
- advantages and disadvantages of Helen Thompson
- radiology summary
- cause and effect of Helen Thompson
- malcolm fallacies
- Diagnostic Radiography test
- advantages of Helen Thompson
- Diagnostic Radiography introduction