Why I Will Be a Great Occupatioal Therapist Assistant
br Why I Will Be A Great Occupational Therapist Assistant There are some patients whose illnesses affect their physical capability causing them to have an impaired function in their daily live . These are the people who are always in need of physical assistance in accomplishing their daily tasks . I see these kinds of situations everyday in the nursing home where I work . These patients are almost like babies because they cannot do anything for themselves even if they want to . It broke my heart to see the same heart wrenching situation every
There are some patients whose illnesses affect their physical capability causing them to have an impaired function in their daily live . These are the people who are always in need of physical assistance in accomplishing their daily tasks . I see these kinds of situations everyday in the nursing home where I work . These patients are almost like babies because they cannot do anything for themselves even if they want to . It broke my heart to see the same heart wrenching situation every
single day that I went to work . There was something tugging at my heart strings each time I helped my ward pick up a spoon or hold a glass of water to drink . I helped them even though they were protesting and insisting that they could do the activity on their own . I affected me emotionally each time their motor abilities failed them and they began to cry out of frustration over their situation . I decided that in to ease my conscience , I would have to find a way to help these patients become independent in one way or another
I did some research regarding the field of medicine where I could learn to help these patients . My path led me directly to the door of Patient Therapy . Occupational Therapy to be exact . Upon finding out that this type of therapy dealt directly with helping the patient gain independence by helping them develop their motor skills after a debilitating illness , or even help them devise a different way of doing things differently if that particular motor function is irreversibly impaired , I knew that I my quest had come to an end . I had discovered the way to help the patients who needed it the most
Since I currently work in a nursing home , I know that I will be a very good Occupational Therapy Assistant . I already see how the occupational therapists at the nursing home work with the patients . I am familiar with the methods they use and I have spoken to them about what the job entails . After months of soul searching , I have come to the conclusion that I am a perfect candidate for this course . I am a compassionate , caring , and highly patient person . I have an eye for the needs of my patients and , even without the training , I have already tried my best to help them regain their independence in regard to their everyday physical functions
Once I am educated in this area , I will be able to help my patients even more because I will already know the proper methods and equipment to use in helping them regain as much independence in their lives as possible . As it is , I already help the Occupational Therapists in the nursing home by assisting them in the rehabilitative activities of the patients . I already help the patient accomplish some simple exercises in the morning before they get dressed . Such is a partial job...
More Papers on assistant, why, therapist, occupational, Great Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Why I want to be a Radiation Therapist
- How does an occupational therapist change a developmentally disabled persons behavior?
- cabreras class
- Why should I be hired?
- Ethical standards of physical therapist assistant and suspected impairment of patient
- How One Should Go About Choosing a Therapist
- Why I want to be a Physician Assistant
- 7. Explain why the author of the textbook describes cause--effect as a writing method of development that calls for rational thought and careful planning. Why does she view the skills that go along with this method--discovering reasons and predicting resu
- Why are you interested in Business?
- Why is Poverty a Persistent Global Reality? A Cross-Cultural Perspective
Customers Who Downloaded This Essay Also Viewed
Related searches on Therapy Assistant, Therapist Assistant, Great Occupatioal Therapist Assistant
- Great Occupational Therapist Assistant reports
- sample studies on Therapist Assistant
- studies on why
- Therapist Assistant analysis
- merits of Great Occupatioal Therapist Assistant
- disadvantages of why
- advantages and disadvantages of occupational
- therapist summary
- cause and effect of Therapy Assistant
- Therapist Assistant fallacies
- therapist test
- advantages of occupational
- Great Occupational Therapist Assistant introduction