However , it can well be stated that there is a situation in this context that country or culture needs a social or political impulse to fight successfully against this cultural force . But there are problems with political influence in this respect . It should be remembered that at the beginning of the 20th century the Ottoman Empire tried to consolidate its regional matters by introducing reforms in many sectors in the form of westernization but it backfired as in the process the empire lost control over vast area like Egypt , North Africa , the Caucasus
and the Balkans . At this point of time the Arabs showed their discontent by starting the movement now known as Arab Nationalism . Thus the consolidation of local culture in today 's world should be done with social perspective with political influence only being instrumental in the background as financial or moral support . With westernization influencing mostly with quality of life and global economy it is important for the eastern cultures to go back to their roots of cultural heritage and develop the brighter aspects of their culture to ease the pressure of westernization on their respective cultures . Moderate social reforms are the only way out and it should be done with the direct participation of general mass of the society
Barber , B (1995 Jihad vs . MacWorld New York : Methuen
(2001 Gilligan unbound : Pop culture in the age of globalization
Lanham : Rowan Littlefield Publishers , Inc
Cowen , T (2002 Creative Destruction : How Globalization Is Changing the World 's
Cultures Princeton : Princeton University Press
Friedman , T (2000 The Lexus And The Olive Tree New York : Anchor Books
McNeill , William H 2002 The Rise of the West : a History of the Human Community Chicago : University of Chicago press
Semati , M Sotirin '
(1999 Hollywood 's transnational...
More Essays on world, cultural, westernization, Princeton University Press, Global Village
- World Civilizations
- Medicine alone cannot rid humanity of the scourge of AIDS.
- How has the globalization of business changed the Chinese culture?
- Film theory , Question on attachment
- Why University of San Francisco?
- World Cultures
- `My (or A) Life Of Privilege`
- World Views
- Immigration to America
- English is not the official language of the world, but some insist that it is or should be. What are the arguments for and against English-only on a global scale?
Customers Who Downloaded This Research Paper Also Viewed
Related searches on Princeton University Press, Global Village, Community Chicago
- Community Chicago studies
- sample studies on Community Chicago
- reports on Global Village
- world analysis
- merits of Princeton University Press
- disadvantages of Community Chicago
- advantages and disadvantages of Princeton University Press
- world summary
- cause and effect of world
- world fallacies
- Global Village test
- advantages of cultural
- Princeton University Press introduction