However , it can well be stated that there is a situation in this context that country or culture needs a social or political impulse to fight successfully against this cultural force . But there are problems with political influence in this respect . It should be remembered that at the beginning of the 20th century the Ottoman Empire tried to consolidate its regional matters by introducing reforms in many sectors in the form of westernization but it backfired as in the process the empire lost control over vast area like Egypt , North Africa , the Caucasus
and the Balkans . At this point of time the Arabs showed their discontent by starting the movement now known as Arab Nationalism . Thus the consolidation of local culture in today 's world should be done with social perspective with political influence only being instrumental in the background as financial or moral support . With westernization influencing mostly with quality of life and global economy it is important for the eastern cultures to go back to their roots of cultural heritage and develop the brighter aspects of their culture to ease the pressure of westernization on their respective cultures . Moderate social reforms are the only way out and it should be done with the direct participation of general mass of the society
Barber , B (1995 Jihad vs . MacWorld New York : Methuen
(2001 Gilligan unbound : Pop culture in the age of globalization
Lanham : Rowan Littlefield Publishers , Inc
Cowen , T (2002 Creative Destruction : How Globalization Is Changing the World 's
Cultures Princeton : Princeton University Press
Friedman , T (2000 The Lexus And The Olive Tree New York : Anchor Books
McNeill , William H 2002 The Rise of the West : a History of the Human Community Chicago : University of Chicago press
Semati , M Sotirin '
(1999 Hollywood 's transnational...
More Courseworks on world, cultural, westernization, Princeton University Press, Global Village
- McWorld: Cross-national differences in consumers? attitude towards American fast food chains
- technological development
- `Identify the top 5 global media companies and map out their pattern of ownership and corporate linkage. What are the political and cultural implications of this international trend?`
- how accurate of a tool do you think language is in describing the world? Where is it weakest? Give examples.
- Why University of San Francisco?
- World Civilizations
Customers Who Downloaded This Research Paper Also Viewed
Related searches on Princeton University Press, Global Village, Community Chicago
- Community Chicago courseworks
- sample studies on Princeton University Press
- studies on cultural
- Princeton University Press analysis
- merits of westernization
- disadvantages of Global Village
- advantages and disadvantages of Princeton University Press
- Community Chicago summary
- cause and effect of westernization
- cultural fallacies
- Princeton University Press test
- advantages of world
- westernization introduction