What does the United States have in the way of an exit strategy from Iraq?
The present war in Iraq began with the invasion of Iraq by United States Armed Forces in 2003 . Since then there have been many bloody skirmishes and fights not only between the American forces currently stationed there and the remnants of the Iraqi forces but also among the ethnic and religious groups in the area . The recent data on the War in Iraq estimate the death count of American troops alone to be 2 ,815 , while the civilian deaths resulting from the conflict are estimated at over 100 ,000 . Economically , the United States
has already spent 505 billion of taxpayers ' funds on the War in Iraq . The rising death toll and the economic burden that the war in Iraq has caused the United States makes it high time for it to reconsider its options and decide whether or not the War in Iraq is worth all of the lives that have been sacrificed and the dollars that have been spent
The best option as several critics and analysts alike have pointed out is to create an exit strategy from Iraq . As President Barack Obama has declared in his letter to the Office of the Presidential Secretary dated May 20 , 2009 , he recognizes that there is a need to further stay in Iraq to protect the American public . Without the accomplishment of certain goals such as the restoration of peace and in the area and the development of key political and economic institutions , Iraq may pose a greater threat to...
More Courseworks on war, government, time, any, democracy
- Chinese Communism
- one of the three questions
- To what extent does Timernam's work help us to understand the
- Case 5: Conflict Management For case five, I want you to discuss what Area Manager John H. should do to manage the conflict between his Technical Development Manager (Ralph) and his Product Engineering Manager (George). Be sure to discuss what type of co
- Unit 7 Video Analysis
- problem sheet
- ?The Capital asset pricing model (CAPM) is a very useful model and it is used widely in the industry even though it is based on very strong assumptions. Discuss in the light of recent developments in the area.?
- Evaluate the effectiveness of US – NATO counter – terrorism strategy to Al Qaeda
- Current Event Article
- A Short Story on Napoleon