The Advantages, disadvantages, and impact of electronic voting systems on the Presidential election 2008
The Presidential election of 2000 introduced Americans to a problem with electronic voting . A new term , hanging chad ' entered the genre of American society and the history of the United States was changed not only because of the decision of who was to become President , but because it showed the problems electronic voting can produce Electronic voting first entered the market in 1960 with the punch card system . This system was supplanted by electronic voting systems which gave the capability of votes being electronically tabulated . The next generation of electronic voting machines
Electronic voting first entered the market in 1960 with the punch card system . This system was supplanted by electronic voting systems which gave the capability of votes being electronically tabulated . The next generation of electronic voting machines
was achieved through the use of Electronic Ballet Marker (EBM ) systems . Today , direct-recording electronic (DRE ) voting machine records votes from ballots which are displayed on touch screens . The touching action of the voter is read by computer software which records the voting and the ballot images This data is stored in the software memory components . The advantages of such systems are readily evident . Votes can be tabulated quickly the systems are easy to use with a minimum of instruction , they are purported to be fraud free , and they are cost effective in the long-run Conversely , there are disadvantages to the use of DRE 's . Computers are known to produce errors and may contain bugs ' This makes the system vulnerable . The vulnerability means the election results can be manipulated . It also creates the danger that legitimate election results will not be accepted because allegations of manipulation cannot be refuted conclusively (Jarrett 11-12 ) Yet another difficulty is the lack of...
More Reports on election, voting, electronic, presidential, United States
- Analyze and describe the controversial presidential election of 2000
- role of national conventions in a us presidential election
- The 2000 US Presidential Election
- The Presidential Election Process
- what was the role of young people and internet in 2002 South Korean Presidential election?
- Presidential Election - Political Pundits
- Do Problems exist in the current U.S Presidential election system?
- Presidential Election
- Forecasting Presidential Election
- What Impact do you see the upcoming presidential election having on U.S. businesses and business leaders?
Related searches on United States, DRE, Election Standards Project
- Ballet Marker studies
- sample reports on Governmental Studies
- essays on VVPB
- DRE analysis
- merits of DRE
- disadvantages of United States
- advantages and disadvantages of electronic
- presidential summary
- cause and effect of DRE
- Election Standards Project fallacies
- VVPB test
- advantages of Ballet Marker
- voting introduction