4. Social issues involving the American public in the industrial age were not important issues and had no impact on the Progressive Movement.
Social Issues and Progressive Movement The answer is FALSE . Social issues were an important factor for the emergence of the Progressive Movement during the Industrial Age . The Progressive Era has been referred to as an era that was spent in addressing certain economic and social reforms . This movement has been joined by both advocates from the Democratic and Republican parties (Progressive Era The era of progressivism was highlighted by the distinct efforts to transform social ills and settle issued that became rampant during the spurt of industrial growth in the last quarter
The answer is FALSE . Social issues were an important factor for the emergence of the Progressive Movement during the Industrial Age . The Progressive Era has been referred to as an era that was spent in addressing certain economic and social reforms . This movement has been joined by both advocates from the Democratic and Republican parties (Progressive Era
The era of progressivism was highlighted by the distinct efforts to transform social ills and settle issued that became rampant during the spurt of industrial growth in the last quarter
of the 19th century (Ideas and Movements . It had sought to initiate economic , political and social reforms and the inequities formed from the Industrial Revolution and the growth of capitalism in to create a new system that was more appropriate for the new industrial age (Schambra and West . This era was then initiated to set reforms that sought to conquer and counter the negative effects of industrialization and urbanization including protecting citizens from hazardous working conditions , excessive work hours , low wages , child labor , slum housing and racial injustice (Introduction to Progressivism
The First Reform Era was focused on the idea of abolitionism ' - to eradicate the tenets of the slavery in the society . Another guide for the Progressive Era was the strong drive among the citizens to reform working conditions and to humanize the treatment of mentally ill people and prisoners (Ideas and Movements
The Second Reform Era was then concentrated on the efforts to uplift women 's rights , as well as the emergence of the strong farm movement which was geared towards the support to compensate the declining importance of rural areas as America has been highly transformed into urbanization (Ideas and Movements
Another thrust for the Progressive Era was towards various political changes . This included the goal to eliminate corruption in the government , eradicate political influences through taming of bosses and establishment of political machines , directly involve people in the political processes , and enhancing the role of the government in addressing to solve social problems and ensure fairness and equality in different economic matters (Ideas and Movements . It was also highlighted by social reforms addressing progressive changes in social system - including amendments for new electoral system which was geared in protecting the society through prohibition and allowing women suffrage , reforms that encouraged secret balloting , referendum and recalls in the electoral system
Moreover , reformers in this era also addressed problems to socially protect and alleviate the condition of people living in poor status Also , efforts were also made to protect the underage population from child labor , though these efforts were constantly thwarted by courts
Thus , social issues were indeed great factors in the changes that occurred during the Progressive Era - concentrating on political and social movements that were intended to serve as a cure ' for the social illness that the entire society has suffered from the emergence of the era of industrialization and capitalism
Eagleton Institute of Politics . Progressive Era . Retrieved December 6 2007 from...
More Reports on age, social, important, public, ideas
- 5. The replacement of the Federalist system by the Jeffersonian Republicans (Jeffersonian Democrats) has not had a significant impact on the American political scene.
- 7.The Vietnam War had a significant impact on American Society and US Foreign Policy.
- Intro into American Govt.
- Independence Movements Essay 4A
- Fate Romeo and Juliet
- Moral Issues_Who Runs Arlanta Research Paper
- Hungary S Monetary Policythe Conflicting Objectives
- Reflective Journal : The purpose of writing this journal is to facilitate you in the integration of personal group experiences with knowledge, and to enhance sense of awareness of being an effective group leader. You are required to analyze and discuss o
- Getting Boys to Read College Essay
Customers Who Downloaded This Essay Also Viewed
- 5. The Progressives (social reformers) in their confrontation with the Capitalists played an important and vital role in formation of modern America.
- 3.The surge in industrial development and the western expansion of the United States were a major cause of the protest movements of the farmers.
- 2.The surge in industrial development did not contribute to the rise of the labor movement.
- 1.The results of the Civil War contributed significantly to the rise of social and economic exploitation (labor, agriculture and industry) in the latter 1800’s.
- 7. World War I showed that the United States had begun to realize, its potential to become a major world power.