Since 1950s , the European Union had been dreaming of free movement of people without a passport , across the countries which form the European Union . The Schengen agreement of 1985 opened all internal national bs all members of the Schengen agreement including roadways airways and seaways . Belgium , France , Luxembourg , Germany and the Nether-lands , after having made a lot of analysis ultimately decided to instigate a consolidated system on June 14 , 1985 by endorsing an agreement in Schengen and hence the name Schengen agreement After the continued pressure from several member states Strategic
After the continued pressure from several member states Strategic
committee on Immigration , Frontiers and Asylum , was established successfully . In 1990 , the Schengen agreement was further clarrified with a Convention that explained how it actually works . Initially , the Schengen agreement did not fall within the framework of the European Community with the Treaty of Amsterdam became part of the European Law in 1991 and was assigned legal force on May 1 , 1999 at the end Continued complaints raised from the Eurpoean Parliament regarding the justice and home affairs
Spain and Portugal joined the Schengen zone . Convention is all about the abolishment of b controls of the Schengen agreement are included police assistance , statutory aid and the intensification of the external bs of Schengen sector . It aimed at controlling all illegal activities which included drug peddling , illegal immigration and the other factors which had signs of causing any internal hindrances within the zone of Schengen
Since then other countries have signed Convention were Austria and Italy in 1997 , Greece in...
More Essays on visa, convention, agreement, European, Ireland
- Compare the EUs and NAFTAs dispute resolution mechanisms in an essay of at least 500 words.
- The regulations on visa policies post 9/11
- european union
- Public Law-Process of the Uk Legislative Systems
- Agriculture in the EU
- what is the appropriate role of regionalism in international governance?
- Country Study : Poland
- The United Kingdom - a member of the European Union
- If Britons, French, and Germans can be merged into Americans, why would they not be able to merge into Europeans?
Related searches on European Union, European, Ireland
- European Union reports
- sample studies on Ireland
- courseworks on schengen
- Ireland analysis
- merits of SIS
- disadvantages of Ireland
- advantages and disadvantages of Eurpoean Parliament
- European summary
- cause and effect of Ireland
- EEA fallacies
- Eurpoean Parliament test
- advantages of Czech Republic
- Czech Republic introduction