Reasons Registered Nurses Leave or Change Employment Status
The work environment was unacceptable and the people were unhappy according to 14 , while 12 said that the stress of working with too little staff and heavy patient load of sick patients were too much to handle . Eight percent said that their careers had no opportunity for job advancement and another 8 had to return to school . Lastly , 7 had personal health problems and 5 had relocated . The findings are consistent with a study conducted by Cline et al (2004 ) that claimed management and staffing concerns are the main reasons for nurse
turnover . The lack of management support , ineffective measures and failure to listen or respond to concerns were the reasons why management led to nurse turnover (Cline et al , 2004 . Staffing shortage which leads to compromised patient care was also one of the reasons that nurse turnover was attributed to (Cline et al , 2004 . This needs to be mentioned and included in the questionnaire so that the opinion of the nurses who left may be checked regarding these aforementioned benefits
Recommendations for future research
Since there are already a number of researches done regarding this aspect of nursing , a research that is to be done on a national level is recommended . Also , the benefits of the nurse turnover could also be studied
The research was able to answer the problem that it presented at the beginning of the article . However , the only concern that might render this research as void is that of its small number of subjects and the way the data was collected which was only through jotting down notes and not recording the conversation . It could be suggested that the research be conducted by interviewing more number of samples with at least an 85 response rate and the interviews be recorded . This is to meet...
More Reports on work, research, care, change, rate
- 1-The new face of development. 2- The ideology of development. 3- Africa village of dreams.
- Summarize and evaluate 2 research articles...
- Sins of Commission? Understanding Membership Patterns on the UN Human Rights Commission
- Illegal bargaining subjects
- Foreign Policy
- Take the Pepsi: Talent Development at PepsiCo
- If you were trying to assess someones social class position and could ask only one question, what would it be? Explain the reasons for you choice.
- Counseling Clients in a Group Setting