Personal Philosophy PowerPoint Presentation
ETHICAL ISSUES IN THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE Introduction In the field of medicine , the main goal is to save lives and prolong the existence of human beings Due to changing times brought by modernism and technology , some medical practices have challenged the perception of what is good and bad , and right from wrong Ethics or moral philosophy , is the philosophical study of moral judgments - value judgments about what is virtuous or base , just or unjust , morally right or wrong , morally good or bad or evil , morally proper or improper Abortion Abortion is the termination
of a pregnancy by removing the embryo or fetus In some areas and culture , abortion is legal and socially acceptable According to the Bible , taking human life is a murder God is the giver of that life and only He has the right to take the life of the unborn For some , the use of birth control is considered an abortion because it deliberately prevents the formation of life
Euthanasia Euthanasia is the deliberate killing of a person for the benefit of that person Aims to shorten the pain of a dying or critically ill patient Questions the meaning and value of human existence Against the will of God Makes some lives (those of the disabled or sick ) are worth less than others Living Wills Living will is a document that sets out a patient 's wishes regarding health care and how they want to be treated if they become seriously ill and unable to make...
More Courseworks on philosophy, personal, moral, ethical, point
- business ethics, values
- Is it Important for a Leader to be Ethical and Moral?
- Describe how the change has affected patients, the healthcare system, and the role of the nurse.
- What are the main claims and elements of the following approaches to moral issues: (1) Social Contract Theory; (2) Rights Theory; (3) Care Ethics and (4) Virtue Ethics? (B) What criticisms and problems have been posed to each of these views have, if any?
- The Ethics for a Geneticist of the Genetic Engineering of Humans
- Criminal Justice Ethics
- MORAL AND SOCIAL PHILOSOPHY
- PHI: Introduction To Ethics
- The impacts of deforestation on the environment and other species