Stereotype in layman 's term is often defined as predictable characters and situations or something that is not authentic , or something that is already experienced . In Shakespeare literature , stereotyping is sometimes inevitable . Some of his works , its themes and characters embody the social predicaments and situations during the time he created the masterpiece . In Othello 's case , the issue of race and religion and the revelation of the dark side of human nature is revealed and discussed through the characters . Themes and conflicts like jealousy race , power , religious tensions , obsession and marriage
illustrated in Othello are still important and experienced today . The characters in love , the characters in extreme emotions like obsession and jealousy and the characters who lose and win portray same emotions in reality and some other literature . The common human experience experienced by the characters of Othello , Desdemona and Iago makes this literature stereotype . However what makes stereotyping in Shakespeare 's literature unique and sophisticated is the creative structure of his stories and plays
The play reflects that race and culture divides the world and the people which , in effect , influence human responses to love and emotions Othello , who is the main character in the story , is a black man who fell in love with a white woman , Desdemona . When Iago gave false accusations against Desdemona , Othello responded with rage , revealing his awareness that his newfound love with Desdemona was all but an illusion . Othello is obviously insecure about his identity as a black man which motivated...
More Papers on love, othello, stereotypes, Shakespeare, Desdemona
- Shakespear Play Analysis( Othello)
- compare the manner in which two creative texts represent or deal with a theme, image, ideam or issue.
- Compare or contrast a character from `Othello` by Shakespeare and a character from `The Metamorphosis` by Kafka.
- Why does the film use Othello as opposed to another play?
Related searches on Shakespeare, Desdemona, Iago
- Iago essays
- sample courseworks on Desdemona
- courseworks on stereotypes
- Desdemona analysis
- merits of Shakespeare Literature
- disadvantages of love
- advantages and disadvantages of Shakespeare
- Shakespeare Literature summary
- cause and effect of Shakespeare
- Desdemona fallacies
- Shakespeare Literature test
- advantages of Shakespeare Literature
- Iago introduction