“ORAL” PRESENTATIONS (POWERPOINT SLIDES)
CHINA : A STUDY AND ANALYSIS An Oral Presentation : A Study of a Projected Market Report By : - Brian Durgin Professor T . Harlee Strayer University Online August 2007 TABLE OF CONTENT 1 . Introduction 2 . Challenges for a Company 3 . Ethical Differences 4 . Stereotypes and bad practice 5 . Commercial realities 6 . The socialist market 7 . How My Company would market meat to China economy INTRODUCTION Following the death of General Mao in China (in the year 1978 , the Government realized that certain economic reforms were required Certain economic functions
were transferred to the market forces , and increasing the profit limits became a motive in all decision-making processes The country also began to experiment with new strategies in the financial sphere Private businesses began to flourish in China following implementation of these reforms . This seemed to greatly improve the economy However , China was still facing problems with unemployment , poor circulation of goods , inability to meet the public demands , etc INTRODUCTION During the initial stages , the Chinese Government was still doubtful whether private investment could meet the demands of a socialist economy . However , several reformers and researchers considered that such a measure was vital for the economy Private investment had a huge impact on the Chinese economy , and also altered the administrative setup . The reformers slowly began to find their tasks made much easier Agriculture improved and slowly the urban economy began to establish itself We shall look at opportunities , benefits and limitations that exist for companies that want to setup businesses in China CHALLENGES FOR A COMPANY One of the main challenges companies face in China is corruption . Besides , like several other nations (such as India , Brazil and US , the distribution of wealth is unequal Many companies are trying to maintain good relationships with the Government . However , this carries the risk of indulging in corrupt and unhealthy activities It is a known fact in China , that the Governmental departments lack upright and honest officials The hype from the booming Chinese market economy and pressures from home , have forced many MNC 's to setup shop in China Companies have been moving into China since the last 30 years and have encountered a lot of problems The local laws in China also do not permit growth of foreign business organizations CHALLENGES FOR A COMPANY The managers often find it very difficult to handle the businesses in the Chinese market , as they have to adopt a different strategy as compared to home The Chinese Government had not made any policy to control the market for foreign investment The Chinese market growth does not seem to control foreign investment and this led to excessive foreign investment As a result , foreign companies have found themselves in a Chinese soup This has lead to several companies shifting their investment and interests away from China after the initial phase ETHICAL DIFFERENCES Ethically , MNC 's have had problems with the Chinese . They do not seem to maintain ethical business practices and may indulge in deception , defaulting of contracts and non-payment of...
More Reports on company, presentations, oral, Chinese, China
- International Business
- U.S multinational in China
- Chinese Governmentality
- Managing Multinational Operations IP
- In what response if at all can the international media contribute to more democracy in China?
- Comprehensive Staffing Strategy
- What are the IPR (intellectual property rights) issues in China and how do they affect U.S. SMEs entering or already established into the Chinese market?
- Archival Project
- The human resource management issues in Chinese Multinational Enterprise: recruitment, selection and training the staff in Chinese multinatination enterprises
Customers Who Downloaded This PowerPoint Presentation Also Viewed
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- “Behavior of owners and workers in business firms is
- `What explains why some firms are more successful that others?` from three perspectives: marketing, finance, and operations & project management.
- your supposed to analyse one business and then you pick another business in the same industry and them compare how the second one has dealt with an issue
Related searches on Chinese, China, MNC
- Chinese City reports
- sample essays on China
- studies on Brian Durgin Professor
- MNC analysis
- merits of Brian Durgin Professor
- disadvantages of Chinese
- advantages and disadvantages of powerpoint
- Strayer University Online summary
- cause and effect of Chinese
- China fallacies
- Projected Market Report test
- advantages of Chinese Government
- Projected Market Report introduction