Music: Compare and contrast the Balinese gamelan and the Javanese gamelan.
Javanese gamelan , the Balinese gamelan players are required to have strict coordination between them that does not allow for improvisation in the way they play their instruments (Brinner , 1995 . All of them are required to follow a particular manner of playing their instruments in for them to be harmonious and sound good as a group (Brinner , 1995 Performance Contexts of the Balinese and Javanese Gamelan These two types of gamelans have found their corresponding performance contexts where they gain the respect of their audience . Moreover , the historical roots of these two groups
Performance Contexts of the Balinese and Javanese Gamelan
These two types of gamelans have found their corresponding performance contexts where they gain the respect of their audience . Moreover , the historical roots of these two groups
of gamelan have also contributed to how it is perceived to be of use today . The manner through which it has been crafted to take on their corresponding characteristics serves as the distinguishing factor for this
The Javanese gamelan has served as a showcase of the sanctity of power and creation (Becker , 1988 . Likewise , it has also served to be a reflection of the gender structures enclosed within society together with images of sexuality (Becker , 1988 . It has been a way through which powers are maintained and legitimized in the new world (Spiller , 2004 Today , the Javanese gamelan has continued to showcase its beauty by performers bringing it outside of Indonesia to the whole world (Fund 2004 . On the other hand , that of the Balinese gamelan is mostly used for ceremonies , which justifies the style of its music being fast and lively (Dorian et al , 2000
There are difference and similarities between the Javanese and Balinese gamelan based on three elements , which includes the music , the instrumentation , and the performance context . Each of the two groups of gamelan has its own distinct and unique set of characteristics that makes an identity for their own . However , there are also similarities shared because of the fact that they belong...
More Studies on gamelan, javanese, Indonesia, Balinese, Indonesian Gamelan
- What is gamelan?
- Environmental Problems
- Carrefour in Indonesia
- Analysis of impact of smoking legislation to cafes in Jakarta
- Law and Society in Indonesia
- Prejudice and Discrimination Article
- Anthropology Research Writing Assignment
- why is inequality in indonesia lower than that of other SE counturies?
- community health
Related searches on Indonesia, Indonesian Gamelan, Balinese
- Indonesian Gamelan studies
- sample courseworks on Balinese Gamelan
- studies on Javanese Gamelan
- Indonesian Gamelan analysis
- merits of Balinese Gamelan
- disadvantages of Balinese Gamelan
- advantages and disadvantages of Indonesia
- Indonesia summary
- cause and effect of gamelan
- Balinese Gamelan Angklung fallacies
- Indonesia test
- advantages of Balinese Gamelan Angklung
- Javanese Gamelan introduction