U.S. and the Middle East
The United States has shared a responsibility for the maintenance of a Jewish State in the Middle East since the end of WWII . After the Holocaust was discovered and its deadly legacy assessed , it became the moral responsibility for the British , who had military control of the region , and The United States , with economic and military support to create and help protect the newly minted state of Israel . From its inception , the state of Israel has been targeted for annihilation by most of the Arab world . Despite several attempts to rid the region
of the Jewish State , the Arab nations have been unsuccessful in ridding the area of Israel . In the meantime , western nations , particularly the United States , have earned the enmity of many Arab nations by publicly guaranteeing the security of the Jewish state . The United States has done as much to aggravate tensions in the region than they have to relieve them
The actions of the Arab nations against Israel since 1947 have reflected a hostility that transcends normal statesmanship . When the British proposed that the land of Palestine be divided to guarantee both the Israelis and Palestinians a homeland , the proposals were rejected out of hand by the Palestinians . For economic reasons , the British transferred their sovereignty over the area of Palestine to the United Nations for disposition . The U .N .-proposed disposition of Palestine was rejected by the Arabs with equal alacrity . The Arab league declared war to rid Palestine of the Jewish presence . In the...
More Courseworks on middle, east, United States, Israel, Middle East
- Why should Americans - like you - help civil rights reformers in the Middle East?
- what are the main sources of conflict in the contemporary Middle East?
- Tensions between U.S. and the Middle East
- Politics of Middle East
- if Democratization on Middle East,does decrease terrorism on US?
- Chapter 5 Middle East Writing
- freedom of press in middle east
- middle eastern
- How U.S. foreign policy has affected the Middle East
- How does american policy in middle east compare with that of other nations.
Related searches on Israel, Middle East, Arab
- United States studies
- sample courseworks on middle
- studies on United
- United States analysis
- merits of PLO
- disadvantages of Israel
- advantages and disadvantages of Palestinian State
- Middle East summary
- cause and effect of United
- east fallacies
- Middle East test
- advantages of east
- Palestinian State introduction