Masters degree application essays
Essay 1 (1 ,000 words Describe your career progress to date and your future short-term and long-term goals . How do you expect an MBA to help you achieve these goals , and why is now the best time for you to join our program Content A master is ever , but a learner , goes an old Chinese saying . The same is true for any man , no one may call himself a master who believes he knows all there is about his subject . In today 's ever changing globalized-world , a true master must continue learning
Describe your career progress to date and your future short-term and long-term goals . How do you expect an MBA to help you achieve these goals , and why is now the best time for you to join our program
A master is ever , but a learner , goes an old Chinese saying . The same is true for any man , no one may call himself a master who believes he knows all there is about his subject . In today 's ever changing globalized-world , a true master must continue learning
if he is to remain competitive . I do not claim to be a master trader . However , I too believe in the value of higher learning
After graduating high school , and having worked for two summers in a large investment bank , I started my own investment management firm at the tender age of 19 . With the help of a few angel investors who entrusted me with 50 ,000 each , I not only significantly grew their investments but the profits from my business were sufficient to fund my four years of university studies AND finance my travel to several countries mentoring high school children and visiting mentoring programs outside of the USA
In my travels I raised money for the university which I attended During and after my tenure in the university I was served the role of their European ambassador . I have also done the same work for several non-profit organizations such as ABC , DEF , and GHI , all of which focus on the mentoring and training of leadership skills to high school students for them to become better community leaders
My leadership in a community oriented NGO is different from the type of leadership I exercise at work . In my business the objective is to maximize the value of our investor 's money . Success is measured by the growth in their investments and the increased trust this generates . By comparison Ulpan is about giving educational opportunities to predominantly Jewish high school students . ORT is very similar in its goals . My hard work is rewarded by seeing our beneficiaries motivated and eager to take the path of higher education as a means to success The drastically different metrics of my community service broadens my horizon as a leader
My current job trading at an investment firm , I improved their existing procedures for monitoring our market positions during volatile periods and developed a pop-up ' system to handle trades more efficiently and make decisions faster . I made an immediate impact . We are now able to monitor approximately 10 of our daily volume and take property risk management decisions in a fast and volatile market where time is of the essence
Using my native insight I found an opportunity for growth in the company . However , I faced the inertia associate with any kind of meaningful change . Despite the cost of lost , personal , man hours . I pushed my plan past the bureaucracy offering potential benefits that far outweighed the costs of the project . Taking...
More Studies on essays, degree, United States, MBA, Jewish
- MBA Admission Essays
- African American and Jewish American experiences in the United States.
- The Microsoft antitrust trial (United States vs. Microsoft) has been one of the biggest investigations of antitrust behavior since the turn of the century.
- MBA Final Project
- Describe your reasons and preparation for graduate study and discuss how obtaining your graduate degree will contribute to your personal and professional development
- Analyzing Online archives: National Identities and History: Jewish Immigration during the Holocaust
- academic objective
- Racism does it still exist in corporate of america and what can be done about it
- MBA Application Essays
- Explain why you wish to join Lancaster Mba and what benifits you expect to gain.
Customers Who Downloaded This Essay Also Viewed
- What do you consider to be your greatest talent?
- Application Essay for Graduate School
- 1. Describe how you would establish and implement an internal quality assessment program. Include the advantages and the problems with internal quality assessment programs.
- My most significant accomplishment to date is