SEQ CHAPTER \h \r 1 What are some of the problems that low voter turnout has caused the government ? What are the future implications of continuing voter apathy at the federal and local levels ? Voter apathy is characterized not only by low voter turnout but also by the issues that cause people not to vote . The challenge in dealing with voter apathy is complicated by the fact that the results of voter apathy can also be identified as the root causes of voter apathy . This discusses how local ballot issues and term limits
cause and result from voter apathy
Local ballot issues are important in that voting for or against such issues gives citizens an opportunity to take action in the absence of legislative action . Apathy in local issues occurs when citizens either do not vote , or because of lack of understanding an issue 's language vote no . Issues that contain language such as should the legislature require voter approval to take a given action can give a mayor or governor power to enact unfavorable local initiatives . Future generations of voters may assume powerlessness to change the unfavorable actions or may feel powerless to influence the creation of future ballot issues
Term limits provide an example of an issue that voters may feel powerless against . Term limits were introduced and passed as a result of voting . Some feel that term limits came to be because of voter apathy , or failing to vote against implementing term limits . Term limits cause...
More Essays on general, homework, voter, apathy, Delta Kappan
- Theories on voter apathy and poltiical participation
- suggest and discuss some possible solutions to the problem of voter apathy among the young
- Homework questions - legal
- unicamerialism in general terms (as contrasted to bicamerialism)
- general humanities
- a) Critically evaluate Keynes` General Theory. (b) Compare and contrast the General Theory and the Classical Theory. (c) Evaluate the contributions of Keynes` General Theory to Economics
- Modern Management 6_EX
- Discuss the causes and nature of the Winnipeg General Strike in 1919 and evaluate its significance.
- Analysis of Toyota and General Motors