Henry Ford is an important figure in American history as he embodies the American spirit of self reliance and the ingenuity which has helped to create in America , more inventions and inventors during the 20th century than any other country in the world . Ford grew from humble beginnings on a small farm in Michigan to possibly the most powerful and recognizable employer in America during the first quarter of the 20the century . Ford changed America forever as the implementation of the automobile , in large scales and at a price which millions of
Americans could now afford a new automobile of their own , people sough the freedom which the automobile promised to give its consumers . With the implementation of the assembly line and other forms which helped to utilizes the efficient production of the automobile , prices dropped and the pay of his workers rose to an unheard of 5 a 1914 and then 6 a day in 1924 . These prices , for its day , could not be rivaled anywhere in America for the American factory worker . Ford believed in practical terms . All of his cars were presented in the color black as it was the paint which dried faster . He believed that the workers , who made his cars , ought to be able to afford them . Ford saw the need of the American soldier during WWII and sought to produce more planes and engines than any other CEO of comparable talent . Ford saw the need for a hospital in Michigan , not just any hospital but one which still leads the state in important and life saving transplants of the lung , heart and kidneys Ford also recognized that those who were not given the same opportunities that were afforded to him , simply because of their race and color of their skin , as was the case with George Washington Carver supplied him with many of the important necessitates which Carver used to further his research . Ford recognized the need of the people as well as the genius of a select few and appreciated it . In this spirit , Henry Ford remains one of the most important figures in American history and in his spirit of self reliance , helps to propel the notion , that even with humble beginnings , in America , one can aspire to greatness
Henry Ford was born on July 30 , 1863 in a rural section of Michigan , only thirty minutes south of Detroit . He was passionate about watches and anything that required mechanical thought in which to understand its workings . One of the first examples of this was with the case of Albert Hutchings watch . Albert was a friend of Henry 's and he had a watch which no longer worked . Henry stayed up all night and some of the next day in to fully understand how that watch worked and before long , Ford had fixed the watch . This watch can still be viewed at the Henry Ford Museum as this watch instilled in him , a desire for machines and to better understands how...
More Reports on ford, American, Henry, CBS, PBS
- Patrick Henry & The American Revolution
- How Technology has benefited mankind and how it has harmed mankind.
- James Madison
- The American Car-industry
- How should organizational performance at Henry Ford Health System of Detroit be measured? What contributions should the Board of directors make to accomplish the statement of purpose? What contribution should the management team of Henry Ford make toward
- United States Society
- choose a book written on any area of us history before 1877 and write a review of it
- US television fiction often seems to emphasise their `televisuality `over British product.Discuss how this statement may apply to any one series of your choice.
- What are the impacts of the American way of life on the health of American people. what are the main health care plans of the two main American candidates? How these plans would affect the life of American citizens?
- american history text book
Related searches on Henry, PBS, CBS
- American papers
- sample reports on Ford Henry
- courseworks on York Boston
- Ford Henry analysis
- merits of CBS
- disadvantages of PBS
- advantages and disadvantages of American Heritage
- American summary
- cause and effect of American Heritage
- Edison Company fallacies
- ford test
- advantages of Henry
- Edison Company introduction