Has the comic book evolved beyond a passive form of entertainment into a relevant contemporary social commentary?
br Has the comic book evolved beyond a passive form of entertainment into a relevant contemporary social commentary American Comics : Social Commentary and Cultural Catalyst Although comic-strips and comic books have been regarded for most of their history in America as diversionary entertainment and little more the historical evolution of the comic-art form has produced not only works of true sociological and cultural relevance , but concepts characters , and milieus which have not only commented upon social political , and cultural ideas , but have helped to shape the evolution of the American culture
itself . While it is true that most comics are , at once , popular , yet niche , offerings , mass-media has resulted in many of the most (previously ) obscure comics and comic book characters to emerge as enduring archetypes . While the proliferation of comic book titles characters , artists , and authors has resulted in a truly global evolution of a modern art-form , the evolution of American comics offers in and of itself , a good microcosm for the evolution of comics as it relates to he corresponding evolution and needs of the society in which it takes place . Quite simply : comic books in America have matured into an interesting form of reading . As they gained popularity , they also gathered a more varied audience . With this popularity , comics were able to widen their range of stories and introduce nearly any or issue Spanning decades , comics have endured through significant and profound changes in American culture and American history . Comic books are , in fact , a viable...
More Essays on social, form, buck, comic, American
- What political values and social conditions are currently shaping American policing?
- Documenting the social
- History of the comic books in Europe
- Racism In America
- Social Problem
- Social Classes in the USA
- Tocqueville, Aleix de Democracy in America, Volume II
- im a stranger here myself by bill bryson
- Choose an issue of importance to you
- Select a historic or contemporary political leader and examine the sources of his/her political power, legitimacy and authority. Questions worth considering include: what permitted him/her to acquire political power/legitimacy/authority?; what permitted