FEMA/Hurricane Katrina/Critical Incidents Manager
Security , the federal Emergency management Agency (FEMA ) and NHC were briefed long before the landfall on the deadly state of Katrina including the possibility of the levees in New Orleans toppling With the help of CSX technology , the path and the landfall point of the storm was predicted and its progress monitored . For anyone who was in doubt , a phone number was made public so that inquiries could be made concerning the same . Before everything was blown out of proportion , the internet became very crucial in locating and communicating with those
With the help of CSX technology , the path and the landfall point of the storm was predicted and its progress monitored . For anyone who was in doubt , a phone number was made public so that inquiries could be made concerning the same . Before everything was blown out of proportion , the internet became very crucial in locating and communicating with those
who were trapped . Technology was therefore vital tool mainly in communication and updating the public on the progress , not to mention appeal for aid of all sorts of nature . Be it cash , blood , or food
The Decision Makers and how they coordinated with Various Stakeholders
The main drives of the rescue team were drawn from FEMA , NHC and Officers from the department of Defense and Homeland Security . They coordinated their activities via communication over the cell phones and the internet . But with the grave damage of vital communication links and booster stations , coordination of these groups was frustrated . The power failures were also a bigger hitch since only selected stations had back-up generators . All the local Television Stations had their operations disrupted too , and conveying a vital information to the public became an up-hill task , further complicating the situation (Chris , 2005 , pp .142-145
Quality of the Decisions Made by the Government and the Private Sector
FEMA deployed some of their technical staff to the mortuaries with refrigerated trucks to help with the body preservation . The coordination of volunteers , the Coast Guard and the Army Services drawing troops from all the states was outstanding . Further helps by the government to offer evacuees federal help made the situation a little bit...
More Reports on management, katrina, hurricane, incident, United States
- The U. S.
- Urban Renewal and Hurrican Katrina
- Socioeconomic status and its disaster response implications!
- `Does Administrative Theory hinder or assistduring a natural disaster?`
- National Incident Management System
- Crisis Management and International Travel
- an incovenient truth the crisis of global warming
- Hurricane Katrina
- Which administration - Truman, Eisenhower and Kennedy - devised the most effective containment strategy against the Soviet Union?
- Anything related in some way to the management of homeland security, disaster planning, or emergency management.
Customers Who Downloaded This Research Paper Also Viewed
Related searches on Hurricane Katrina, FEMA, United States History
- Orleans Mayor essays
- sample courseworks on management
- studies on systtem
- NHC analysis
- merits of United States History
- disadvantages of incident
- advantages and disadvantages of FEMA
- Orleans Mayor summary
- cause and effect of United States
- Louisiana National Guard fallacies
- Hurricane Katrina test
- advantages of katrina
- incident introduction