FEMA/Hurricane Katrina/Critical Incidents Manager
Security , the federal Emergency management Agency (FEMA ) and NHC were briefed long before the landfall on the deadly state of Katrina including the possibility of the levees in New Orleans toppling With the help of CSX technology , the path and the landfall point of the storm was predicted and its progress monitored . For anyone who was in doubt , a phone number was made public so that inquiries could be made concerning the same . Before everything was blown out of proportion , the internet became very crucial in locating and communicating with those
With the help of CSX technology , the path and the landfall point of the storm was predicted and its progress monitored . For anyone who was in doubt , a phone number was made public so that inquiries could be made concerning the same . Before everything was blown out of proportion , the internet became very crucial in locating and communicating with those
who were trapped . Technology was therefore vital tool mainly in communication and updating the public on the progress , not to mention appeal for aid of all sorts of nature . Be it cash , blood , or food
The Decision Makers and how they coordinated with Various Stakeholders
The main drives of the rescue team were drawn from FEMA , NHC and Officers from the department of Defense and Homeland Security . They coordinated their activities via communication over the cell phones and the internet . But with the grave damage of vital communication links and booster stations , coordination of these groups was frustrated . The power failures were also a bigger hitch since only selected stations had back-up generators . All the local Television Stations had their operations disrupted too , and conveying a vital information to the public became an up-hill task , further complicating the situation (Chris , 2005 , pp .142-145
Quality of the Decisions Made by the Government and the Private Sector
FEMA deployed some of their technical staff to the mortuaries with refrigerated trucks to help with the body preservation . The coordination of volunteers , the Coast Guard and the Army Services drawing troops from all the states was outstanding . Further helps by the government to offer evacuees federal help made the situation a little bit...
More Courseworks on management, katrina, hurricane, incident, United States
- The U. S.
- Urban Renewal and Hurrican Katrina
- Socioeconomic status and its disaster response implications!
- National Incident Management System
- `Does Administrative Theory hinder or assistduring a natural disaster?`
- National Influenza Flu Strategy Report
- Problems of Bureaucracy
- Critical Incident Management
- Americans have found it difficult in their history to reconcile the conflicting demands of agriculture and industry. The problem dates back to the foundation of the republic.
Customers Who Downloaded This Research Paper Also Viewed
Related searches on Hurricane Katrina, FEMA, United States History
- management studies
- sample studies on hurricane
- essays on Schleifstein Mark
- Hurricane Katrina analysis
- merits of FEMA
- disadvantages of Schleifstein Mark
- advantages and disadvantages of systtem
- katrina summary
- cause and effect of Orleans Mayor
- management fallacies
- Orleans Mayor test
- advantages of Louisiana National Guard
- Hurricane Katrina introduction