Education Research (Teacher Journal)
The article of Gerler outlines the significant challenges of counseling in middle schools . He provides ideas and situations of concern that surrounds middle school students . Since this is the phase wherein changes begin to manifest among individuals as they transition towards adolescent level , issues such as relationships , drug and alcohol abuse stress and experimentation comes into the picture (Gerler , 1991 . Under these facets the document outlines significant areas of interest and the setbacks in the implementation of adequate policies towards change . In the end , Gerler argues the redefinition and alignment of new
programs seeking to improve and facilitate effective avenues for middle school students to cope with the environment
Reacting to this , I believe that it has always been the goal of every educational counselor to find ways to provide students for active motivation and involvement in the learning process . Though it can be observed that Gerler study seems to be outdated , the challenges and trends continue to be exhibited by today 's youth . Seeing this , it is essential that careful considerations must be made on policies that will actively guide middle school students towards achieving their relevant and respective goals
Also , reflecting on the idea of bias in the research design , the document seems to connote only an analogy of setbacks faced by counselors . There was no clear indication of significant developments that had happened in the realm of middle school counseling . Seeing this the document may seem to connote limited ability to provide information as far as its...
More Papers on students, school, research, teacher, article
- Disease in News
- The Journal article: Sue,S., & Chu, J.Y. (2003). The Mental Health of ethnic minority groups:challenges posed by the supplement to the surgeon general's report on mental health. Culture, Medicine and Psychiatry, Vol.27, No. 4, 447-465.
- group process
- Geography - northern Canada
- Wall Street Journal Article Summary
- Why I Should Be Awarded A Jacki Tuckfield Memorial Graduate Business Scholarship
- The current state of corrections in the U.S. In your opinion, what are the most significant challenges? How can they be overcome?
- Social Reform
- Statistics sample Quiz
- see under