Economic Globalization and Civil War
br Barbieri , K . and Reuveny , R (Nov , 2005 . Economic Globalization and Civil War ' The Journal of Politics . 67 (4 . pp .1228-1247 Researchers Katherine Barbieri and Rafael Reuveny attempt through their study on economic globalization and civil war to find the relation , if any , between the effects of globalization and the occurrence of civil wars in developing countries . Their hypothesis is that globalization has positive effects on developing countries , causing them to have more stability and become less likely to erupt in civil war . Using the examples of 74 civil wars spanning the
years of 1970-1999 , the researchers compared variables of globalization including international trade , foreign direct investment , foreign portfolio investment , and internet use against periods of civil war in corresponding countries Their results revealed that when the globalization variables , with the exception of internet use , are more important to a country it is less likely to have a civil war . These variables produce an economic stability that makes people less inclined to interrupt the status quo Their results showed that poor countries with large populations that were less likely to be economically equal in already dire financial straits are far more likely to see internal unrest . While globalization is unlikely to be the root cause of civil war and can help reduce the likelihood it cannot prevent it as there may be deeper forces at work such as cultural or ethnic inequalities that may be exacerbated by globalization...
More Essays on war, civil, globalization, Economic Globalization, Katherine Barbieri
- civil war
- Perception and reality of the civil war
- causes and events leading to the civil war
- 6. Discuss the changes the Civil War brought to civilian society, in both the North and the South. Demonstrate how the Civil War particulary affected women.
- Why is the Civil War a Failure to Nation Building?
- HIS334:History fo the Civil war
- The downfall of the south in the civil war. Show the disadvantages of the south in the civil war that cost them the war such as economically and population size.
- The Gettysburg Address
- Free Labor and Slavery
- Union Victory of the Civil War
Related searches on Economic Globalization, Katherine Barbieri, Rafael Reuveny
- war reports
- sample courseworks on globalization
- papers on Katherine Barbieri
- Reuveny analysis
- merits of civil
- disadvantages of Rafael Reuveny
- advantages and disadvantages of Reuveny
- civil summary
- cause and effect of Economic Globalization
- war fallacies
- civil test
- advantages of civil
- war introduction