To what EXTENT does the media contribute to `copycat` behavior by criminals when they overly saturate the public with details of a crime?
The Crime of Media A submitted to the (Department (College (University / Institution (University / Institution address In partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Bachelor of (degree by (Name (Semester , AY 200_ - 200_ ml Achieving a safe and violent-free environment can be fairly considered as one of mankind 's greatest dreams . Whenever law and are implemented and felt , this equates to growth and progress . Once and for all , the reduction of crime and environment creates a conducive environment for individuals to live a healthy and progressive lifestyle Worries and
A submitted to the (Department (College (University / Institution (University / Institution address
In partial fulfillment of the requirements
for the degree of Bachelor of (degree
by (Name (Semester , AY 200_ - 200_
ml Achieving a safe and violent-free environment can be fairly considered as one of mankind 's greatest dreams . Whenever law and are implemented and felt , this equates to growth and progress . Once and for all , the reduction of crime and environment creates a conducive environment for individuals to live a healthy and progressive lifestyle Worries and
doubts that are highly related to self-preservation slowly diminish and thus , stress is hardly felt and is close to being non-existent . Many individuals are able to perform well in their respective tasks because they know that they are well-protected Different scholars and members of the academe often argued that the external environment plays an important role when it comes to the development of one 's attitude and behavioral patterns . Environmental influences are way too hard to resist . In one way or another , it will still have an effect on the concerned individuals . The impacts of the external environment may not immediately manifest , but frequent exposure , not to mention the fact that the trauma brought by hostile environments will be felt soon
More often than not , crime perpetuators seem to have no hint of regret and remorse when they engaged into violent activities . It seems that committing heinous act such as murder , robbery , rape , etc . is something that is common and ordinary . The value of life is taken for granted and since this is something that they always see in their community . Or if they are victimized , some criminals vindicate themselves through repeating the same crime to other individuals
Criminal behavior never fails to take the attention of many psychologists . There has been a great debate whether this value is something that is inherited or developed . But then again , if one has to take a closer look on the studies and researches conducted , many came to the conclusion that environmental factors , indeed play an important role in shaping and molding criminal behavior . The constant exposure to violent situation affects the psychological aspects of many offenders While it is true that the family can intervene and eventually stop this decadent cycle , there are other factors inside the house which reinforces and even encourage violence . This is no other else but mass media
Mass media is considered as yet one of the most influential institutions . The reason behind mass media is often described as the fourth estate (McQuail 52 ) is because of its ability to shape and mold opinions . The themes and concepts that are often presented in mass media play an important role in personality development
According to Richard Felson , observing crime and violence can be considered as a form of entertainment (103 . This kind of habit is not new to many . The truth of the matter is this has been already practiced since the ancient times . For example , the...
More Papers on system, behavior, media, crime, judicial
- Critically discuss the influence of media representations of crime in creating
- How do the media portray youth crime and/or the youth justice system in Canada? What are the consequences of the portrayals
- An imperfect Criminal Justice system when innocent people are convicted of crimes that they did not commit.
- How Media Portrays family and the Empirical Significance on the family structure.
- Youth Culture
- Violence in Meida
- Criminal Justice
- you should read an article that is related to one of these subjects: chapter 9 (politics), 10 (the economy), 11 (family), 12 (gender), 13 (ethnicity) 14 (religion), 15 (crime and the legal system), 16 (education) or 17 (mass media) and write an essay abou
- criminal rehabilitation and alternitives to incarceration
- Criminal Justice
Customers Who Downloaded This Research Paper Also Viewed
- Explain the crime control model and due process models; which model in your opinion best serves the interests of the american criminal justice system
- Discuss the impact of technological changes on the role of political parties in elections. In particular, address television, computerized direct mail, emerging mass communication technologies, and the internet.
- Does gang violence and crime portrayed in Brazilian film accurately portray how it is in real life Brazil?
- Are reason and emotion equally necessary in justifying moral decisions?
- Do new digital media forms, especially around the internet, require new ways of thinking about audiences? If so, how?