1. Define a learning organisation. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of a learning organisation within today's business environment . 2. Define and discuss the differences between Theory X and Theory Y. Highlight your response with examples.
(O 'Keeffe , 2002 .It is not enough that organizations set objectives and visions but it is crucial that people should act together . Senge believes that there is a noticeable growth and better results when members learn together . Team learning produces transformational leaders who believe that a higher level of thinking cannot be achieved individually . Team learning allows member to notice in advance the patterns of interaction that would undermine learning (Senge , 1990 pp 10 .For example it is cheaper to teach a person as a group rather than individually since you only do
it once . In case anyone develops a question , he /she can ask from the colleagues
The only difference between system thinking theory and team learning theory is that system thinking involves the management coming out with organization systems /rules or procedures while team learning involves encouraging and teaching employees to work together as a team . They are both long-term strategies which when combined can create a language that would deal with complex structural issues in an organization
Learning organizations are significant in the modern world where technology and competition calls for better service delivery . Learning organizations have a number of benefits than other organizations because they offer better services , have better employees who are knowledgeable and skilled and can respond well to change . Although there are challenges associated with introducing learning that include increased budget , unwilling or un co-operative employees and lack of empowerment learning organizations should be encouraged at all costs because they have long-term benefits
O 'Keeffe , T . 2002 . Organizational Learning : a new perspective . Journal of European Industrial Training , 26 (2 , pp . 130-141
.M . 1990 . The Fifth Discipline Field book : Strategies and Tools for Building a Learning Organization . London : Century Business . pp 8-13
Serenko , A , Bontis , N . and Hardie , T . 2007...
More Studies on people, employees, organization, team, business
- Define a learning organisation. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of a learning organisation within today's business environment
- Define and discuss the differences between Theory X and Theory Y. Highlight your response with examples.
- Explain what is transformational leadership. How can it help increase your organisation's effectiveness? Give practical examples from your organisation to support your points/arguments, as appropriate.
- Any Good Options Here?
- why you selected pharmacy as a career and how the Doctor of Pharmacy degree relates to your immediate and long-term professional goals.
- Overview of strategic management
- process of momory through my daily routine
- Pay for performance can be a benefit to an employee by providing an incentive to earn additional remuneration. Briefly explain the concept of pay for performance, including some advantages and disadvantages. Explain and give examples of how pay for perfor
Customers Who Downloaded This Essay Also Viewed
- The effect of strategic alliance on company profits
- Generic Marketing Strategies and Strategic alliances
- implementing Hoshin planing
- The ability of some firms to sustain longer term competitive advantage relates to their capabilities according to the resource based theory of the firm. Summarise this approach to explain why some firms perform better than others in an industry.
- Managing Multinational Strategic Alliances of Airlines for Competitiveness and Sustainability