Define and give examples of downwards,upwards and horizontal organizational communication.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the different forms of communications
Communications 1 Upward Downward and Horizontal Communications and their Advantages and Disadvantages Your Full Name Instructor 's Name Course Name and Number Today 's Date Communications 2 Communication Organizations in the modern era are complex social systems which can not function effectively and efficiently without proper interaction between its employees . Communication is a process through which all the employees in an organization are linked together . Communication is , a communion by words , letters , symbols , or messages and as a way that one organization member shares meaning with
Upward Downward and Horizontal Communications and their
Advantages and Disadvantages Your Full Name
Instructor 's Name
Course Name and Number
Today 's Date
Organizations in the modern era are complex social systems which can not function effectively and efficiently without proper interaction between its employees . Communication is a process through which all the employees in an organization are linked together . Communication is , a communion by words , letters , symbols , or messages and as a way that one organization member shares meaning with
another (Bellows . In a highly organized hierarchical system , communication flows primarily in three directions - downward , upward and horizontal . In the early days traditional organizations emphasize primarily on downward communication But modern managers concentrates on the development of upward communication with a view to involve as many subordinates as possible in the communication process . Beside these , horizontal communication is also an important part of the communication process . Communication serves the following purposes in an organization
Helps establish and disseminate the goals of an organization
Facilitates the development of plans for the achievement of goals
Helps managers utilize manpower and other resources in the most effective way
Helps managers select , develop , and appraise members of the organizations
Helps managers lead , direct , motivate and create a innovative and enthusiastic climate
Facilitates control and evaluation of performance
Communication flow in an organization
This is a type of communication process where the information originates at the subordinate level and flows up to the top of the hierarchical system . It is the upward flow of information from employees at the operational level to the top executive along the chain of command Upward communication takes place through suggestion systems , appeal and grievance procedures , complaint systems , counseling sessions , joint setting of objectives , the grapevine , group meetings , the practice of an open-door policy , morale questionnaires and exit interviews . The nature of the flow of upward communication in an organization is primarily dependent on the upper level management . To facilitate effective upward communication , an environment must be created by the top level management in which employees , even in grass-root level , feel free to share information with top management
Advantages of Upward Communication
Managers can get through knowledge , even that of the grass-root levels
It helps the management to understand the performance of employees , the problems of employees , the results of their decision taken etc
Morale and enthusiasm of the workers are hugely boosted since they feel that they are always honored by their superiors , irrespective of their status or positions in the organizational hierarchy . It makes them feel to be an essential component of the organization
Free flow of upward communication helps the organization to introduce innovative techniques , knowledge sharing etc . in their day-to-day operations
Facilitates the process of downward communication and grapevine information sharing
Disadvantages of Upward Communication
Sometimes it happens that subordinates reveal only the good news with their bosses and are hesitant to share the bad ones due to fear of being punished by the...
More Essays on communication, examples, communications, give, helps
- Define and give examples of downwards, upwards and horizontal organizational communication. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the different forms of communication.
- Cross-cultural communications
- Define and discuss the differences between Theory X and Theory Y. Highlight your response with examples.
- Mastery Test 3: Vocabulary
- What I Need to Do Today
- Culture Difference
- The Ming dynasty founder was famous for his autocratic style. What examples can you give of autocracy in Ming government? Did latter changes alter the autocratic nature of the Ming or did it remain a system focused on the power of the emperor?
- Personality Describe objective and projective approaches to personality testing (give examples). What are the strengths and weaknesses of each approach? Which do you prefer - defend your choice.
- When Setting Up a Business 1 Document Candiluv08
- Explain what is transformational leadership. How can it help increase your organisation's effectiveness? Give practical examples from your organisation to support your points/arguments, as appropriate.
Related searches on Horizontal, Horizontal Communication, Upward Communication
- examples reports
- sample essays on examples
- papers on Horizontal Communications
- merits of helps
- disadvantages of Horizontal Communications
- advantages and disadvantages of helps
- Horizontal Communications summary
- cause and effect of examples
- examples fallacies
- helps test
- advantages of define
- Horizontal Communication introduction