The Crisis of Church and State 1050-1300
Also , the details of the Catholic power struggles indicated to me the author was just telling history in a straight forward , religious biases . It was clear foremost that Tierney was making the historical account of the Catholic struggle the focus of his book and not his personal feelings of the struggle Did reading the book change your view of the that the book covers Actually , I would say it gave me additional information and a broader perspective on the struggle that existed between European secular leaders and the Catholic authorities struggle in
Did reading the book change your view of the that the book covers Actually , I would say it gave me additional information and a broader perspective on the struggle that existed between European secular leaders and the Catholic authorities struggle in
controlling the Universal Church ' I can 't actually state that it changed my view because before reading the book I didn 't have enough information to have a strong viewpoint one way or another
What is different about how you understand the subject after having read the book ? I have more of an understanding of the inception of the separation between church and state and how it came to be . Tierney made it clearer just how much prestige and power that men who controlled the monasteries had back then . I think we often forget , or I forget , just how large the land areas that came with the monasteries were and how land represented the wealth and power of whoever owned it . Although historically I was aware of the power conflicts in the Church 's history Tierney made it more three dimensional as he addressed the conflict over among the Catholic authorities , the monks , secular rulers , the Popes the Curia and members of the Church councils when they bickered over wanting responsibility for the reform of the Church . Also , the conflict between German 's Henry IV and Pope Gregory VII How does the approach taken in the book compare to what you learned about the subject from the textbooks...
More Reports on state, church, crisis, Catholic Church, Universal Church
- Art and Culture
- seperation of church and state-america, england, and germany
- Religion in the Public Sphere, The separation between Church and State
- Explain what separation of church and state means according to the current Supreme Court decisions.
- `Letters to a young catholic` by George Weigel
- Roman Catholic-Orthodox Agreed Statement: The Mystery of the Church and of the Eucharist in Light of the Mystery of the Holy Trinity (1982)
- Chaucers Canterbury Tales:Chaucer clearly has an opinion on the Catholic Church clergy and officials and their corruptions. Using the character s, elaborate on this theory.
- Reformation Question