Choose one Native American tribe and discuss how livelihood issues are being addressed on the reservation (casinos,natural resource harvesting, land rights, etc.).
St Regis Mohawk Tribe . They have sued the Interior Secretary to reverse his Decision For fulfilling the needs of the tribe- St Regis Mohawk Tribe was established . It aimed to achieve self-sufficiency and to serve the needs of Akwesasne Community members . They provide essential-Economic development strategies and other services to tribal members We learn that the Casino plans would have benefited in the Economic Development of the tribes . The Unemployed tribes would have found employment in these Casinos . It was found by the Finding of Fact issued by the Department of
We learn that the Casino plans would have benefited in the Economic Development of the tribes . The Unemployed tribes would have found employment in these Casinos . It was found by the Finding of Fact issued by the Department of
the Interior in April 2000 that it was in the best interest of the tribe ' itself . Soon there would be a hearing for the Department of the Interior 's complete lack of consultation with the Indian Tribes on new Federal Regulations and on unfair notices . Then maybe with the reversals of the answers of the Interior 's the Casino plans might go on . It would only help the Tribal community of Mohawk to prosper . Besides this , there must be no more walk offs either by the partners or by the individual community members . The proposal which seems to have gone dead should soon revive References
About the Mohawk Tribe
-The Mohawk Tribe , 2003 , linked to ref-1 , available at
http /www .mohawktribe .com
-The Saint Regis , available at
http /srmt-nsn .gov /his .htm
On the Origin of the Mohawks
-Mohawk Nation , under the subheading Political , available at - http /www .crystalinks .com /mohawk2 .html
-Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe and Caesars Issue Statement on N .Y . High Court Ruling Upholding .Publication : Business wire , date : Tuesday , May 3 2005 , linked to ref- 2 .Available at -
http /www .allbusiness .com /government /government-bodies-offices-regional /5116255-1 .html
-The Top Online Casino Gambling News Reporting Organization ! By Terry Goodwin , posted on November 1 , 2007 , linked to...
More Studies on different, native, tribe, discuss, casinos
- In what ways did the coming of the Europeans affect seventeenth-century American Indian cultures and religions, especially in New Englnad?
- Europeans and Native Americans
- answer the question: how the United states would be different today if our government had kept all the treaties it signed with the Native Americans
- Social Risk
- 1. Describe the New World that Columbus discovered, including the Native American cultures that existed on the continent before European colonization began.
- racism for native americans
- Cultures of the New World
- Attitudes and Social Cognition
- Alcohaulism, Drug Abuse, and Depression Among Native Americans
Customers Who Downloaded This Research Paper Also Viewed
- the origin of species
- American Social History- The removal of the Cherokee Nation
- analyze the tensions between national security and civil liberties during the Trail of Tears; President Andrew Jacksons removal of 14,000 Cherokee Indians from their land.
- What is the image of Native Americans today?
- Sand Creek Massacre
Related searches on Native American, European, Americans
- Native American Issues reports
- sample courseworks on different
- essays on Native American Issues
- merits of groupsâ€™
- disadvantages of centuries.
- advantages and disadvantages of casinos
- Mohawk Tribe summary
- cause and effect of attitudes
- Native American Issues fallacies
- Native American Issues test
- advantages of Regis Mohawk Tribes
- native introduction