Amazon .com is one of the internet success stories of the last two decades . It is America 's largest online retailer , and uses a corporate strategy based around the two concepts of B2B , and of B2C . The concept of B2B focuses on doing business with other businesses , as a supplier for their business operations . The B2C idea works by concentrating operations on supplying the end consumer with a product . Amazon .com operates as an online retailer , for many different products , however it started as a purely online bookstore . Under this original business
model , the company was operating under a strict B2C environment , and the requirements for a successful B2C e-business model revolve around a different system than for B2B transactions . The e-business and e-commerce strategies employed by Amazon .com were the first business models of this kind to be successful in the internet age . Their use of purely online ordering and purchasing methods has allowed them to be highly successful whilst maintaining a very low cost operation due to lack of business locations for sales , storage and administrative back office costs . This is a key factor in their rise to the top of the online retail league , in that they can generate large profits for very small costs , unlike other forms of retailer such as Wal-Mart for example . B2B systems usually operate as a demand based operation whereby the customer requires a similar order every time , based on its own sales . Under a B2B system , repeat and standing orders forms...
More Courseworks on com, products, sales, use, business
- Final Exam ( E-Commerce )
- internet security
- Web services
- Credit Cards: safe method of payment or not
- Research and Writing - Based upon Dorocak, The Clintons? Legal Defense Fund: Income from Payment of Legal Expenses by Another and Deductibility of Such Expenses
- The research on the security of online transactions in Electronic Commerce
- THE RESEARCH ON THE SECURITY OF ONLINE TRANSACTIONS IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE
- Aspregillus species
- How successful has the UN system been in developing and enforcing a Human Rights regime?
- Marketing and Advertising